Standing Body Image Drawing
people have what is called “Body Dysmorphic Disorder” where they see their
bodies in some abnormal way, which causes significant disruption in their
lives. This can be through an eating disorder, self-mutilation, plastic surgery, constant
dieting or exercising to the point of being unhealthy, etc.
this directive, the client has a chance to come face-to-face with her
inaccurate views of her body, and instead change them out for newer, more
White Butcher Paper Permanent Markers (Black and Red) Tape
1) Place a piece of the butcher paper on the wall, long enough to encompass the client's full body. Use tape to make it stay on the wall, placing the paper no higher than the client's head.
2) Have the client take the black marker and draw the outline of the body that she thinks she has.
3) Have the client stand back and reflect on what she drew as an outline. Ask, "What do you see?"
4) Next, have the client stand back facing the wall and over the outline she already created, use another color marker (red) and outline her actual body (as close to the actual body size and proportion as possible - you may have to ask for permission from the client because you will be touching her at times with the marker).
5) Have the client stand back and reflect on the differences from what she drew, and what her actual body-size is.
1) Have the client take the marker and color in her actual body.
2) Ask the client a few reflective questions, such as "What do you think?"
3) Next, have the client take a darker marker (black) and write on her body what she does not like about her body and/or how she sees it today.
4) Have the client share about what she wrote and how she feels about her body.
5) Ask the client, "After doing this exercise, what do you see about yourself and how you look?"
6) Reflect back to the client alternative statements of what you, the therapist sees. Have these statements be positive while acknowledging how the client sees herself.
7) When the client is ready, have the client write statements in another, brighter color, that are positive about her body, and about herself.
Note: You may have to work with the client awhile to "take it on", "as if" it were true. Sometimes, just "pretending" can impact the person a great deal, and despite herself she may begin to shift in to another way of seeing it.
1) "Tell me what you see." - "How do you feel about that?"
(Note: These next questions are designed for processing when the client has been through the exercise and is now ready to consider alternatives in her thinking.)
2) "What is a way that you could challenge that belief/thought?"
3) "Are you willing to see it differently?"
4) "Where in your life is the place you feel most out of control?"
5) "What can you control and what can't you control?"
6) "How can you not 'take it (another person's issues) on'?"
This directive can have a dramatic affect on a client. Client's often will struggle with this process, but once they do it a time or two there is a great deal of positive change that occurs.
This directive increases the sense of control a client has over her body. You may need to work on other control issues that arise in her life, especially with close relationships.
This directive challenges the clients thinking in a subtle, yet powerful way. The client will begin to shift her thinking and open up to the possibility of hope.
This is a very intense process and should not be done until both the client and the therapist feel ready.
Allow this process to be client-directed. If the client feels overwhelmed or upset at any time, stop the directive until the client feels ready to proceed.
Make sure to do this directive in a safe environment, where the client feels safe and there is not chance for interruption or of confidentiality being broken. The client will be going through a great deal of vulnerability and will need to trust that the therapist is capable of handling this professionally.
Web-Sites to Reference:
Short Video of the Process:
Very good article interesting and usefulReplyDelete
Join and feel the thrill of playing Poker Site, Domino99, Pokerqq, QQ Online, Domino Qiu, Qiu Qiu Online, Poker Qiu Qiu which gives big wins only at http://Maxbetqq.net/ A trusted IDN Poker agent who gives big win big jackpot together Situs Poker Idn Play.
Supported by quality servers and very fair games 100% Player vs Player and no ROBOT interference in the MaxbetQQ Trusted Online Poker Site.
Promo HOT Di Poker Online Terpercaya Maxbetqq :
– Bonus Bulanan Megajackpot
– Bonus New Member 20% (Minimal Deposit Rp25.000 | Maksimal Bonus Rp.50.000)
– Bonus Rollingan 0,5%
– Bonus Deposit Rp. 5000 Setiap Hari
– Bonus Refferal 10% Up To 60%
7 Games Dalam 1 User ID :
✔️ Texas Poker
✔️ Domino QQ
✔️ Capsa Susun
✔️ Bandar Ceme
✔️ Ceme Keliling
✔️ Super Ten
✔️ Pot OMAHA
Info Maxbetqq Anda Bisa Langsung Menghubungi Lewat :
Livechat : http://Maxbetqq.net/
Whatsapp : +66613295868
WeChat : MaxbetQQ
Line : MaxbetQQ
Agen Poker IDN
Poker Idn Play
POKER QIU QIU
QIU QIU ONLINE
AGEN POKER UANG ASLI
AGEN POKER TERPERCAYA
To know more about Chief Dr Lucky you can visit his website (https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/)ReplyDelete
A friend that suffered from Herpes and was cure with the help of this great herbal doctor Chief Lucky so i decided to contact him for help in getting rid of my families genital herpes virus 1/2 which i did and all i was told to provide was just some useful information and some materials used in preparation of the natural cure and that i did and now i am the happiest person on earth because i am writing this testimony of mine with joy and happiness in my heart to the whole world to know that natural remedy is real because i am a living testimony of Chief Lucky traditional herbal cure and i want you all to contact Chief Lucky via his email: email@example.com or WhatsApp him +2348132777335 am sure he will help you too.
I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of theReplyDelete
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.
Harrah's Casino & Hotel - MapyroReplyDelete
Find Harrah's 거제 출장샵 Casino & Hotel, 안산 출장샵 Stateline, NV, United States, 08401 reviews 평택 출장마사지 and 의왕 출장샵 35 photos of Harrah's Casino & Hotel. Rating: 3.9 · 2,821 reviews 광주 출장샵