My Magic Creation
Art Therapy Directive
1) This directive can be used to increase self-esteem and creativity.
2) Supplies: Crayola Model Magic, acrylic paint, paint brushes, markers, glue, sequence, feathers, beads, scraps of ribbon and/or fabric, etc.
* Create a sculpture of any object(s) you like.
* It can be one object, or more.
* Let it dry over night (24 hours), then paint it or use markers to add color.
* Glue sequence, feathers, and anything that will make it special to you.
* Once your magic creation is complete, take out a piece of paper and write a story. Imagine that this item has mysteriously come in to your life and changed it. What happens? Use your imagination and have fun with the story. It should be at least a paragraph long, and no longer than a single page.
* Share your story and your magical creation with the group.
3) Follow-up Questions:
* What object did you create?
* What is it about your story that you like?
* What is it about your story that you do not like?
* If you could change your story, would you? If yes, how?
1) Create a mythical creature.
2) Make a diorama out of model magic and a shoe box - to reinact a drama.
3) Make "Dream", "Relax", and/or "Inspire" Balls.